- Genus Phodopus - short-tailed dwarf hamsters
- Genus Cricetulus - ratlike hamsters
- Cricetulus griseus - Chinese hamster. These are not strictly considered dwarfs.
Although more limited in colour than the Syrian Hamster, dwarf hamsters are an alternative to pet owners who enjoy a smaller, more sociable hamster.
The Campbell's Dwarf Hamster and Winter White Russian Dwarf Hamster, which is often referred to in Russian as a "Shwi-shwi", usually live between 1.5 and 2.5 years and reach a length of about 8-10cm. The Chinese Hamster is 10-12cm in length and usually lives to 2.5 to 3 years. The Roborovski Hamster is the smallest at only 4-5cm and lives for 3 to 3.5 years.The Russian Winter White is 8-10cm, as are the Campbell's. Due to the similarity in size and color, they are mistaken as one species.
- Nowak, Ronald M. 1999. Walker's Mammals of the World, 6th edition. Johns Hopkins University Press, 1936 pp. ISBN 0-8018-5789-9
- Pet Web Site (formerly The Complete Hamster Site) section on Hamsters
- Russian Dwarf Hamsters information from breeder Jean McGuire
-  Didi the cute hamster video
Template:Hamsterde:Kurzschwanz-Zwerghamster fr:Phodopus ko:드워프 햄스터 id:Hamster kerdil it:Phodopus ja:ドワーフハムスター lt:Džiungariniai žiurkėnukai nn:Dverghamster pt:Phodopus fi:Kääpiöhamsterit sv:Dvärghamster zh:侏儒倉鼠